Corporate Social Responsibility
Senergy PV SA also affirms its leadership through a strong social commitment to the local population. The plant is monitored for social and environmental impact beyond the simple construction period.
Actions have been undertaken, including contractual obligations under the Livelihoods Means Restitution Plan (PRME), including:
- The provision of seeds
- The establishment of a borehole and an irrigated garden
- A micro-credit program for the most vulnerable population
- A training program in market gardening techniques, etc.
But also non-protocol initiatives as part of its CSR policy:
- Construction of a maternity hospital
- Reforestation program
These actions are followed up by a committee that meets every two months.
After barely a year of operation of the plant, significant progress can be highlighted:
- Seeds have been made available
- The drilling reception is planned for 2018
- A credit line of 10m FCFA has been made available to women and young people through the microfinance institution FADEC KAJOOR
- The training program in market gardening techniques is underway
- The maternity ward has been built and its equipment is currently under discussion
- The reforestation program has been put in place and is being improved.
In addition to these commitments, other actions were also carried out:
- An entrepreneurship program for women was completed by Empow'her
- Textbooks have been distributed